Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bronchitis Sufferers? Medical professionals?

I was diagnosed with bronchitis about 7 weeks ago (will be this Friday). I don't feel ill anymore, and my cough is slowly but surely getting better.
However, my cough is always productive now and there is never more than a couple of little flecks of yellow in it now. However. I am still coughing up phlegm, it's just white now. My chest still feels tight sometimes, too.
How much longer can I expect to keep coughing? I've heard it's lasting a lot longer this year, but jeez... it's been 7 weeks. Anyone else had a similiar experience this year?
I had a chest xray and blood work (for everything under the sun it seemed) and everything was fine. All xrays were normal. Any advice on how to make this go away would be appreciated.Bronchitis Sufferers? Medical professionals?
With a weakened immune system, seasonal allergies could be lengthening your recovery.
Also, If you are a smoker you could have chronic bronchitis which often takes a couple of months to get over it.
Clear or whitish mucous indicates the infection is gone.
The good news is that the productive cough is freeing up your airways so you can breathe easier.
I know how miserable you must be feeling and I hope your feeling better soon!
Do you smoke cigarettes?

No comments:

Post a Comment