Saturday, October 23, 2010

Best non-alcoholic, non-prescription sleeping aid out there?

Need at least 5 hours of sleeping and not getting it. I can't drink alcohol.Best non-alcoholic, non-prescription sleeping aid out there?
Try having half a peanut butter sandwich and a small glass of warm milf with honey about half an hour before going to bed. Do not watch tv or play games for at least half an hour before going to bed. These are some natural things I have found that work well for me. Most sleep aides are habit forming, you become dependant upon them, and often it is hard to get up in the morning after taking them. Before I started this method I was only getting about 4 hours sleep a night and was waking frequently. Now I can sleep a steady 6 hours.
diphenhydramine (otherwise known as Benadryl) works well for most people. It is sold over the counter both as a sleep aid and as an allergy medicine.
"sleepy time" tea works for me. It is a celestial seasons tea. pour boiling water over the bag in a small pot and steep for at least 6 minutes. sip slowly. Also read small print in a boring book.
MELATONIN - an over-the-counter supplement, found in the vitamin aisle of most pharmacies, supermarkets, Walmart, etc. and health food stores.
This helps even those with jet lag to sleep--and those who work rotating shifts.
Before buying, READ LABEL CAREFULLY, as even though this is over-the-counter, there are certain restrictions and precautions.
Valerian tea.
Guess the insomnia got to you because I see nothing but skull and bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment