Saturday, October 23, 2010

Before some of my races i get pins and needles all over my body?

i run track and think it may have to do with me being nervous. i get the pins and needles everywhere including arms legs head eyes and even the top of my mouth.Before some of my races i get pins and needles all over my body?
This is a sign that you body is releasing epinephrine. Epinephrine is a hormone which your body secretes in reaction to stress. Epinephrine can make your body run a lot faster than possible without the increased levels of this hormone in your body by increasing the amount of oxygen flowing to your brain. Consider yourself lucky to get this epinephrine rush right before your race.
If you want to know more about epinephrine, go here.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/epinephrine...
Good luck this season!
Adrenalin released in anticipation of the race I think.
Part of the fight or flight response.
dont think about how you will do, think about what you are doing

No comments:

Post a Comment